Monday, May 27, 2013

NUETP of the Wide Leg Jean

Never UnderEstimate The Power: The Wide Leg Jean

It's no secret that I LOVE the 70s!  And while the reasons are plentiful, I think we have to send a Thank You note to the 70s for bringing us the wide leg jean.  Flares.....bell bottoms.....wide leg.......call them what you will as long as you acknowledge their total FABULOUSNESS!!  

 photo fotoflexer_photo_zpsc457f3bd.jpg
 
I thrifted these J Brand jeans for a mere pittance (seriously....a couple of bucks)!!   Paired it with another thrift find, a CAbi top, and Franco Sarto (purchased on ebay...."I'm not just an ebay seller.....") wedges.  Can you tell I'm feeling crazy cute right here??

 photo fotoflexer_photo_zpsf233285e.jpg

I think these are the same jeans, except here, I've paired them with a thrifted Nicole Miller blouse.  I originally got this blouse with the intention of selling it, but frankly, I love it so much, I just can't let it go!

 photo fotoflexer_photo_zpscd84e3b4.jpg

Kenneth Cole Wide leg dark denim with a thrifted blouse (THE most perfect fitting blouse ever!) and a vintage suede vest that's thrifted as well.

 photo fotoflexer_photo_zps6ab1f269.jpg

My J Brand jeans again with a tagless thrifted blouse and men's leather belt.

While I completely understand the universal penchant for skinny jeans, my heart belongs to the wide leg cut! The skinny, to me, feels more trendy.  The flare is simply classic!!

BONUS:  All outfits are under $10 excluding the shoes!!  (I'll ALWAYS splurge just a little bit on shoes!!!)


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. You are rockin' the wide legs! It's been too long since I've owned a pair. I've been decluttering my closet...and all of the jeans are boot cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri! I used to do boot cut all the time....but MAN! The wide leg just seems to always look good!

      Delete
  2. I love bell bottoms too)) You look so cool in all of your outfits! My favorite must be the first one, I really love the jeans, the detailing on a shirt and the bag as well))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly!! I love that shirt too! I get so many compliments every time I wear it! :)

      Delete
  3. Those jeans rock on you!!!! And EEk, J Brand for a couple bucks-you go girl!!!
    i must find a pair ;)
    Hugs
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reva! I had the same reaction!! LOL EEEKKKK!! And in my size?? YAY!!!!

      Delete
  4. Serene, I am so with you, I love both wide-leg jeans and the bootcut. I look beyond ridiculous in skinny jeans and I always stay far away from them. I love that you got J Brand jeans for so cheap! I need to look at the thrift stores because I cannot get myself to pay more than $40-50, tops, on jeans. I just can't do it. I also love wedges, just like you, and I can't wait to start wearing mine this summer. If you have time, please join Adrienne and me for "How I Wear My: Florals." It would be great to have you with us again. You can send a picture to me by June 3 and the post goes up the next day. XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so great to see your face, Serene! How are you?? You look great...I love the top look with the chains especially. I hope the ebay business is soaring. You would look amazing in the dress I am currently giving away..come on over and put your name in the hat. I hope to see you posting more often and I think about you all the time...this July l is three years blogging and you were part of that beginning!! Hope you are well, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a beautiful woman, I don't like the 70's style but it suits you very fine because you're nice with everything. Thanks for this lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serene--I love wider leg jeans because skinnies make me look more like an orange on stilts!!
    you look FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just pulled out my bellbottoms TODAY!! Clearly we're on the same page. I love each and every look here. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that the problem with having a thrift store, online or brick and mortar. It's just too hard to part with great pieces and your closet just grows and grows. At least mine is. And those jeans are great! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just stopped by to say THANK YOU for joining us for the "How I Wear My: Florals" post. You looked so good and it was great to have you with us again! XO, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these 70s inspired looks and kudos to you for finding JBrand in a thrift shop! You go lady! And I'm with you on wide leg jeans - I have a pair of wide legged JBrands not unlike this I got at a knock down price on sale (though not probably as cheap as you got'em) - I'm gonna have to dig them out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene