Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm so dizzy....my head is spinning....




I am NOT gonna lie.....this dress was really fun to wear!  Although it HAS gone through a lot of cosmetic changes!  When I picked this up at my favorite thrift haunt, it was a long sleeve (with those long cuffs that give it a bit of a pirate look) MAXI dress.  Now, I've gotta tell you, that's alotta dress going on there!  So first thing that had to go were....you know what's coming.......THE SLEEVES!  Next, that skirt part had to lose half of itself.  When a print is really busy like this, I HAVE to take it in smaller doses, otherwise the dress wears ME.  And how fabulous is this print?!?!?  I'm in polyester heaven over here!!!!

Oh, and notice the hair pulled up?  I finally realized that I may not be alone in some silly thoughts that go through my head.  With a dress this figure hugging and my hair down, it feels a bit floozy-ish to me.  Trollopy if you will.  With all the loose hair and fitted dress....well, you get it, just too much.  Turns out I'm not the only one that feels that way.  November Grey (just came across her blog a couple of weeks ago and I just love her style!!) noted that she feels like a tart with long wavy hair and a tight dress.  So no tarts, trollops or floozies around here!  Keeping it PG!

12 comments:

  1. You are a wizard at refashioning, Serene! That skirt is now just perfect for you, a work of art. xoxoxo - Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress - such a beautiful color of the top, and such an interesting pattern on the bottom, amazing! I'd love to have a dress like this - so interesting and eye-catching)

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a chic look! I love the fit and the fact that it used to be a maxi dress. Your hair is GORGEOUS up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pattern is great on you!!!! You're so creative! If I saw that in a long sleeve maxi dress, I would have made fun of it and kept going. The top looks like it was made to go with the skirt which fits you wonderfully. Nice!

    P.S.: I like to look trollopy and tartish now and again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love EVERYTHING about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, another triumph. That skirt is absolutely to die for. And even though I didn't see the dress, I DO suspect that it's even better as a skirt. Love it, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oy, you kill me with your ability to refashion clothes and that you'd even think to do it. I need to train my mind to think that way because this is just brilliant.

    Also, I'm still alookin' for hazelnut bread, but as soon as I find some, I'll pop a loaf into the freezer for you and shoot you an email to get your address. Free of charge. What's a little bread among friends, no?

    ReplyDelete
  8. well you've done a great job with the dress it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that pattern!
    you look marvelous!
    xxx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  10. the skirt is a fantastic print. Did you know what you were going to do with it when you bought it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene