Thursday, December 30, 2010

Girly Girl Rock.....

pretty girl 1

pretty girl 2

pretty girl 3

pretty girl4

pretty girl 5

pretty girl 6

Sometimes a girly just likes to feel kind of pretty!  This outfit definitely made me feel soooo pretty.  To be honest, I’m just not that delicate.  I like to try to make my husband believe that I’m a delicate flower, but between us girls, I’m a pretty sturdy kind of gal.  If I were living in the middle ages, I wouldn’t be the princess in the castle being vied for by knights chivalrous.  I’d be more the peasant stock, a breeder if you will, hauling pails of water and baskets of onions from the fields, pausing only to drop a baby enroute to Ye Olde Village Inn & Ale House. 

But this outfit makes this little peasant girl believe that she too can be a princess!  I put on this skirt with the jacket, shoes and belt and as I was looking in the mirror, pulling up my slip (yes, I’m a bit of a pruuuuuude), I kept pulling the skirt up higher and then thought, “Good Night Mary Pickford!  That’s it!” and the next thing you know little Miss Peasant was now little Miss Leggy!  So the skirt got turned into a dress and I went totally girly girl with the look.  Between the lacey high neck jacket and the lazy up do; I felt quite the Jane Seymour vamping Christopher Reeve in Somewhere in Time.  My next post will be of me, the following day, wearing this same skirt AS a skirt……I think it’s my new favorite!

JACKET:  Elie Tahari via Celebrity Consignments

SKIRT (Worn as Dress):  Vintage Thrifted

BELT & SHOES:   Thrifted

NECKLACE:  Gifted from my fabulous big sister!

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, Love love the datial on the blouse!
    You look super as a girlie-girl :)
    It's so nice to have found you!
    have a great New Year!
    xxx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I like all the little details in all the pieces.

    And I'd have been breeder stock with you, walking right along side you with a load of kindling! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace, its so great. I'm so in love with layered chains! Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I adore the girly look! You look absolutely fabulous, truly :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Every time I come here, I leave with a huge smile!! Your voice just shines through your words...you have an awesome sense of humor!

    Gorgeous outfit, I also am a strong sort of woman, not too delicate although I do dream of being fragile at times.:) You look beautiful, this look suits you perfectly in my opinion!:)

    Have a wonderful new year Serene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit and the jacket is amazing! The best way to live is like a peasant girl who has princess in her rather than a DIVA princess who feels deserving of being in the castle...You look gorgeous...go have a fabulous dinner somewhere so the world can see!!
    Happy New Year and thanks so much for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit! I have the same necklace and it is wearable with tons of things. Bought mine at the City Market in downtown Indianapolis from a lady who had an Avon booth. Would like to have a bracelet with similar components.

    Thoroughly enjoy your blog and look forward to your posts (and comments).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love that feeling, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're funny--drop a baby enroute...lol!
    Very girly with the while lacey top and all the pearls; sometimes a girl's just gutta do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And happy new year to you, my pretty friend!

    Keep smiling and bringing such beautiful style our way! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit. The shirt is so cute and cinched with the thin belt and paired with that lovely skirt it is work ready as well as nice for drinks after work too. :)

    Look forward to hearing from you

    Love

    Tashrin from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene