Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm Every Woman!

Photobucket


I do love me some Chaka Khan!  I also love me some really cute shorts.  Being a 44 year old woman, I try to be age appropriate in what I wear, while still being able to be true to what I love.  I found the above shorts at the local Hospice Thrift store and paid 75cents for them. They look so 80s....insert cuddly kitten tee and jellies here. However, I could see through that dated shell to the potential that was there. This was my inspiration....

Photobucket


Another one of my loves is Old Hollywood, so I had to channel my inner Veronica Lake and transform these from 80s tween to 40s silver screen. I rolled up the hem twice and made a cuff, which I hemmed in place. I added a small ribbon detail to the exposed seam on each cuff and VOILA! I'm ready for my close up, Mr. Demille!

Photobucket



Of course, the icing on the is that I have this really cute look and I don't think there is $15 in the entire outfit. The top is TJ Maxx, my thrifted 25cent belt and my thrifted Sam and Libby flats. Words cannot express how clever I felt!

Photobucket

Photobucket


And now, a word from our Ms. CHAKA KHAN....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene