Monday, September 27, 2010

How I do Casual


I'm just not that casual in my style. If it were up to me, I'd have lived in the 20s and 30s and dressed up all the time. I love the whole civilized notion of "dressing" and always looking your best. And how can you not love June Cleaver, who refused to put away her pearls just because she was scrubbing pots and pans? With all the nasty delicious rainy weather yesterday, I opted for jeans and cowboy boots. I had just gotten the jeans the day before at the thrift store and just loved the slouchiness of them and the wide leg.



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I have to be honest....I felt FABULOUS in this! I felt so Sade in Sweetest Taboo (I do love me some Sade!). And now, I'm including a pic of my very fashionable daughter. She's 17 and I love her style. She's got a great sense of herself and what mother doesn't love it when her daughter's motto is "Modest is Hottest!"



Photobucket



Top......Thrifted($3.79)

Jeans...... Thrifted ($5)

Belt......Thrifted ($1)

Boots......Thrifted a few years ago ($8)

Jacket......Elie Tahari via Thrifted($5)

Earrings......gleaned from Girl's night clothing exchange

Haven't found anything about her I don't LOVE!

3 comments:

  1. Just lovin' your blog too! Love your jacket--and your daughter )and you) are dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're rockin' those jeans and the jacket is nice too!

    It's great to include your daughter. I have three daughters in their twenties...all of whom now live at a distance. I include pics of them on my blog, when I have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! It was fun having my daughter want to have her picture taken. Usually she wears a uniform to school, so she relishes any time that she gets to put together an outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene