Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Cute at Any Cost

Photobucket

Honestly, if I really love something, I'll pretty much spend (within reason) whatever it costs. I'm like a HSN salesperson that way....I can spend hours justifying my spending. However, I absolutely LOVE the idea of rummaging Thrift Stores and putting together something unique and getting my imagination going. Recently, I hit the Hospice Thrift Store, which is definitely slim pickens! But it had been a while and they were having a half price sale, so I decided it would be worth it to dig a bit.

I walked out of there with a vintage black column dress and 5 belts and only spent......drum roll please.......wait for it.......$3.23!

Photobucket

I actually had a brief hesitation about the black dress. Not because I was unsure about my feelings about the dress, we were meant to be together and we both knew it. I was just being stupid cheap. When I got home, I pulled out my trusty dress form and started playing my grown up version of Barbie Doll. I tried different looks on the dress just to play. Inspiration via Little Black Dress Experiment at Society Stylist.

Photobucket

This is one of the belts I got there also. The dress fit me to a tee!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alas, all play time must come to an end. I feel like I have just scratched the surface on this one. I've tried to keep in mind lately that there are NO RULES. I love that about style today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! ~Serene